Straight bets are made when you wager on a game that will be determined by a point spread or money line. The regular odds when betting on point spreads are 10/11 or $110 to win $100.
Toronto Raptors +6
Chicago Bulls -6
- If the straight bet is on the Bulls -6, then the Bulls must win by more than 6 points for the bet to win.
- If the straight bet is on the Raptors +6, then the Raptors cannot lose by more than 5 points for the bet to win.
- If the game lands on 6 points, then your bet is a ‘push’ and will result in ‘no action’. i.e.: Final Score: Raptors 90 and Bulls 96.
In football and basketball betting, you are given the option to bet a point spread or a money line bet. With money lines you wager which team is going to win, disregarding the point spread.
Orlando Magic -280
Houston Rockets +240
- If you wager on Orlando -280 you risk $280 to win $100.
- If you wager on Houston +240 you risk $100 to win $240.
- The line values are determined based on the point spread. When betting money lines you are betting on a team to win the game outright.