On selected baseball games, next-play betting lets you wager on what will happen on the next at-bat, giving you the choice between:
- Reach base by Hit/Error
- Any other outcome
Live Betting on next-play outcomes has the following rules:
- For all live bets on baseball to have action, games must go the full 9 innings (8.5 innings if the home team is winning) or more and be concluded with a winner determined.
- A fielder's choice will be graded as ‘Any other outcome’, unless there is an error on the play. If there is an error on the fielder’s choice, it will be graded ‘Reach base by Hit/Error’.
- A strikeout where the batter is thrown out at 1st or reaches base safely due to a wild pitch/passed ball will still be graded as ‘Strikeout/walk being’ being that a passed ball or wild pitch is not ruled as an error.
- Any batter hit by a pitch will be graded as ‘Any other outcome’.
- Any home run will be graded as ‘Reach base by Hit/Error’.
- Any batter that reaches 1st base safely but is then thrown out at any base during the same play will still be graded as ‘Reach base by Hit/Error’.
- All propositions will have one winning outcome. In the event that more than one winning outcome applies, the first outcome to occur will be considered the winning outcome and all other options will be considered losing outcomes.
- If the given inning ends before the at-bat is completed, that at-bat will be graded as no action.
- At least one pitch must be throw in an at-bat to have action. If a batter is awarded 1st base without any pitches being thrown the given at-bat will be graded as no action. If at least one pitch is thrown and then a player is intentionally walked, the given at-bat will be graded as ’Strikeout/walk’.
- A play which results in a ‘Runner Out’ falls under ‘Any other outcome’, however this applies only to the batter being tagged out while running. If a player who is already on base is out while running (ex: caught stealing) this does not fall under ‘Any other outcome’ and if the play ends the inning, bets on that play will have no action due to the at-bat being incomplete.
Complete breakdown of plays:
Possible winning outcomes
Reach base by Hit/Error
• Home run
• Fielding error (any error)
• Batter reaches 1st base safely but then is thrown out at any base during the same play
• Catcher's Interference
• Walk (including intentional walks, but only if at least one pitch is thrown. Direct intentional walks without a pitch thrown are no action)
• Strikeout where the batter is thrown out a 1st or reaches base safely due to a wild pitch/passed ball
Any other outcome
• Fielder's choice (unless there is an error on the play)
• Force Out
• Grounded into Double Play
• Ground Out
• Hit by Pitch
• Pop Out
• Sacrifice Bunt
• Sacrifice Fly
• Runner Out (Ex: batter tagged out heading to 1st base. Does NOT apply to baserunners other than the batter)
• Bets have no action if the inning ends before the at-bat is completed.
• At least one pitch must be thrown in an at-bat to have action.