* IMPORTANT: The rules covered here include specific information for the Dominican Republic; however, they are not exclusive of our Rules for Baseball and Softball.
Baseball wagers will be accepted as follows:
- All baseball bets are ACTION only:
Unless otherwise specified, all baseball wagers will be action bets (the wager has action at a confirmed price, regardless of the starting pitcher; ‘Listed pitchers’ are not relevant for the result of the bets).
- In the case of a pitching change, all wagers (money lines, totals, run lines) will be considered as ‘action’ and will keep the original betting price.
- The games must be played at the venue and on the date scheduled during the regular season, playoffs and World Series. In the event a game is moved to another day, all the wagers will be canceled and the money bet will be refunded.
- We do not recognize postponed games, protests, or overturned decisions for wagering purposes. As long as the event begins (in other words, the first pitch is thrown before midnight local time) on the scheduled day, all bets will have action.
Team vs team
In this case, the starting pitcher is not relevant. The bet has action at a confirmed price, regardless of the starting pitcher. A pitcher is considered the main pitcher after throwing the first pitch.
Definition: When two teams play more than one match on the same date.
Game 1 will always be the first one played on a day, and Game 2 will be the second game. In the event that only one game concludes on the same day, the concluded game will always be considered Game 1, and all the bets on Game 2 will be refunded.
Any bet placed on Game 2 will only have action if both games are played by the same teams on the same day.
A double header is scheduled for the daytime or overnight. The game which starts earlier is postponed because of the weather and only one game will take place. Bets on Game 1 will apply to the game that is actually played, and the bets on Game 2 will be refunded.
In case a game in a double-header is scheduled for 7 innings only (such as the MLB 2020 season), it must go 7 innings (6½ if the home team is winning) for bets to have action and games must be completed, with a winner declared:
- MLB: By 5 am (in the time zone where the game is played).
- NCAA, International Leagues & Softball: Within 36 hours of the scheduled start time, regardless of venue.
Run Line plays
A run-line is a combination of a spread and a money line. The run-line dictates how many runs the favorite team needs to win by, or how many runs it has in its favor at the final result, whereas the money line determines how much money might be won.
- All wagers on run-lines (1½), alternatives run-line, 2½ run-lines (super run-lines), and money lines (complete games) will be valid when the losing team has batted its fifth innings. If the match is tied, at least five complete innings must have been played for it to be valid.
- Regular, reversible, or 2½ run-lines are valid if the game is official, for which at least 5 complete innings must be played.
Braves -1½ +130
Pirates +1½ -150
- If you bet on the Braves, you must win by 2 runs or more. You will risk $100 to win $130.
- If you bet on the Pirates, they must not lose by 2 runs or more. You will risk $150 to win $100.
All totals bets (over, under) are official after 8½ innings if the home team is leading, or 9 innings if the visiting team is leading.
If the game is tied, at least nine full innings must have been played for it to be valid; the game must be completed and there must be a declared winner for all the bets on a complete game to qualify.
Runs+Hits+Errors - Alternative Totals - Totals by Team
These will be official after 8½ innings, if the home team is ahead, or 9 innings if the visiting team is ahead.
If the game is tied, at least 9 full innings must have been played for it to be valid; the game must be completed and there must be a declared winner for all the bets on a complete game to qualify.
- Games will be considered short if they end in the following way:
- When the visiting team has completed 15 outs (five innings) and the home team is leading, or when the home time has completed 15 outs, regardless of the score.
- Any game which ends at the 9th inning while the visiting team has not batted its 3 outs and the home team is leading.
- In the event that the game ends officially as a “Short Game”, it will be considered as ‘action’ in the bets placed on run lines and money lines; however, there will be no action in the bets placed on totals.
Team to score first
It is official once a team scores in the game. If the game is canceled or declared a short game after the first score, the wagers will be considered valid.
The pitcher only has to throw the first pitch in the game for it to be official. Wagers on strikeouts will be valid when the game is official, that is when the five innings have been completed.
Bets on bases run, or batter vs batter
Bets on bases run will be valid when the game is official, that is when the five innings have been completed.
Bets on bases run will be calculated as follows:
- Single 1 base
- Double 2 bases
- Triple 3 bases
- Home run 4 bases
Player against player
A player from one team is usually offered against a player from the rival team, but on occasions, it may be from the same team.
Bases reached by another player’s hit are not valid for betting purposes, neither are walks, dead balls or hit by pitch, stolen bases, hit and run, error, forced out, or any other plays that enable players to advance to one or more bases.
In propositions where there are two players, they both have to start the game and at least complete a full round. Otherwise, the bets will be suspended.
In propositions where there is just one player, he has to start the game and at least complete a full round. Otherwise, the bets will be suspended.
Scoring in the first inning
If there is a score in the first inning, YES wins. If the first inning ends at 0-0, NO wins. The first inning must be completed. If the first inning is completed and the game is canceled afterward, the bets will be considered valid.
Wagers on the team with most home runs will be valid when 5 innings of the game have been completed or when it is a short game.
Proposition: Baseball series (in a regular season)
- Bets on baseball series are based on the first three games played in each series.
- At least two of the first three games must be played for the bets to have action.
- If only one of the first three games is postponed or canceled, the bets on the series stay as they are.
- If two of the first three games are postponed or canceled, all the bets on that series will be classed as ‘No action’ and the money will be refunded.
- A game declared finished will count towards a bet on the series, provided that it is officially declared a regulation game. The 9-innings rule is not applicable.
First half, first 5 innings
- When the visiting team has completed 15 outs (five innings) and the home team is leading, or when the home team has completed 15 outs, regardless of the score.
- If the game is postponed after the first half has finished, the bets will be considered valid.
- The second half of the baseball game consists of betting on the score from the top of the sixth inning until the end of the game.
- It must be an official match (9 full innings, or 8½ innings if the home team is leading).
- All bets on a game or on the total include extra innings. The game must be completed and there must be a declared winner for all the bets to qualify.
The same baseball rules included in this article apply for any other League, including summer leagues, minor leagues, leagues of the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Pacific, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Nicaragua, Korea, and Japan, as well as NCAA leagues.